Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Days of Our Lives.

      Hi !  Welcome to My Blog. This is not a soap opera. Yes I am attempting to be punny, hints, the title of this blog  (;    No, I have just decided it was time to take another dive into writer's world of blogging. As you will probably notice this profile was opened the new year of 2012. So much for that new year's goal. I started strong but did not manage to stick with it. We all start things and wind up finishing them don't we?

 Currently, I have more time on my hands than before so back to my goals I go. I realize that consistency is a major key to success in our lives no matter what it might be. I believe this time I"ll be consistent. Do you believe in me? Being consistent is something I'm personally working on these days.


Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time."- John Maxwell


It's never to late. Right?

     Right! Let me explain. Recently I have been pursuing a degree. I started my first general ed. class in September of 2012. I'm going strong though. By strong I mean strong. I currently have a 3.7 GPA. I'm extremely proud of myself and give God praise for this success so far. I have only missed one class and that was due to illness in my family. This is a testimony of God's goodness and grace in my life! Let me explain. The year 2005 should have been the year I graduated.  But it wasn't. Again with the inconsistencies. In 2004 I dropped out of high school the first semester of my junior year. And to further explain, that was the second time this happened. I dropped out in 2003 as well but had decided to go back. It's to much to explain in this blog. Ill just say, Life was Nuts back then. It was filled with drugs, alcohol and partying all night long. All the time... God set me free from all that in 2006 though.

     Ok, let me real you back into the present time. Between the bad choices I made to leave high school and the hectic busy schedule I've been experiencinge, the fact I even enrolled in school at all was a testimony of God's strength in my life. Enrolling was a step of faith in and of itself.  I was afraid I wouldn't do well because I had missed some necessary tools earlier in life to further my education. God says we can do all things through Christ strengthening us in Phil. 4:13 and He also made us to be world overcomers!. It says so in 1 John 5:4 These scriptures are promises from God's word I made personal in my life in order to fulfill the plan He had for me. I knew that He was leading me to enroll in college and if He was calling me to do this, He must think I had the ability to handle it. God wouldn't put something in our heart to do and not give us the ability we need in order to accomplish the task. That would just be mean. God is a good God! Tonight will be my last class before I dive head first into all my major classes at the University I am attending. I'm in hot pursuit of my Bachelors in Biblical Leadership.

     Let me point out that God has helped me along the way, not doubt about it I couldnt have come as far as I have without him. But that is not to neglect that I had something to do with it. I have put in a lot of hours of studying, homework, reading, projects, and sacrificed hanging out with friends among other things like riding my motorcycle in order to put my best effort forth.  My Pastor always says, "That natural and the supernatural work together to make an explosive force for God!" Boom, This is living proof right here ladies and gentleman. God will multiply your efforts, be the strength you need in your weakness. His Grace is Sufficient! 2 Cor. 12:9 Dont be afraid to take a step of faith into the unknown. God will catch you.
 
     Life is exciting when in your in the will of God for your life. Sometimes I think of it as skydiving. Its such a thrill and you you have to jump. I know with all my heart that I'm heading in the right direction and I am right where I'm suppose to be right now. Having that kind of peace in your life will keep you grounded when the storms start showing up. When possible life devastating winds begin to blow in your life, having peace from your Heavenly Father will strengthen and sustain you in any storm you may be experiencing.

     God has a plan for our lives, each and every single one of us individually. Jer. 29:11 says, "For i know the plans i have for you, Plans for a future and a hope, plans to prosper you, not harm you says the Lord. Later it says in verse 12 that when you seek for the Lord wholeheartedly , you will find Him. When we find the Lord in life, we find everything else we need, including direction we need in life. I was seeking the Lord and asking Him what I should do after finishing up the my last year of Rhema. (In case you aren't familiar, Rhema is a Bible College in Oklahoma I attended). That's when he put attending a university to further my education in my heart. I knew that he was saying to me that I needed more preparation for my future. And let me just say, God was right! He ALWAYS is. God knows what is best for us. He knows us better then we know ourselves believe it or not.

    At the time, I was excited about God speaking to me but at the same time I found myself battling disappointment, fear and desiring something different. I was ready to start pursing ministry when God told me to go back to school. I felt like he was holding me up from fulfilling my dreams. God was not withholding anything from me though. Nevertheless as Jesus prayed, so did I. Not my will but Thy will be done! Matthew 26:39
He was only helping me to fulfill my dreams. I see that God knew what He was talking about now that Im in school. I see how much more i needed. We can Trust God. I dont know why we as people think we know better than God sometimes. We prove we do with our actions all the time. God says do this, we do that. The bible says this, we do the contrary. We think, No i want to go this way, not that way. I thought you give us the desires of our heart and want us to fulfill the dreams inside. He DOES! He just knows the best path we need to take in order to get there. God will never let you down! When we read in the bible, God is proven faithful time and time again. I want to say, if your looking for direction or needing anything from God during this time of your life or in the future, put all your trust in Him.  He will not fail you! It doesnt matter what your situation is. HE IS ABLE! Eph. 3:19
 God will meet you just like He met me! Even when it seems impossible, I promise. Proverbs 3:5

     Will you dare to believe God?

As you see, I have had and still have my fair share of struggles in life. Im just a normal guy like everybody else. I really enjoyed doing this blog and am really excited about doing more. At the moment, I cant say for sure how often i will blog. As of now,  my goal is once a week. At the minimum, once a month.
I really pray this Blog blessed you and hopefully impacted you in some way.

     Well, time is running short. I have other things to do as I know you do! Thank you for taking the time to read. I plan to do a lot of blogging so if you liked my blog let me know what you think. I would love it if you followed me on my Journey.


Praying for You,
       
William



No comments:

Post a Comment